Javascript must be enabled to use all features of this site and to avoid misfunctions
Buildings - Size Explorer - Compare the world
HOME
Select category:
Buildings
Select category
NEW
Building 1

Building 2

Cancel

Search in
Building 1

Building 2

Location

Switch location

Ranking
Play

Home
Search
Account

Borgund Stave Church


Height: 43m
Location: Borgund
Year:

Tour du Midi


Height: 171m
Location: Brussels
Year: 1967
Tour du Midi
Rating

Borgund Stave Church
Tour du Midi
Change

Borgund Stave Church

Borgund Stave Church
Height43m
Floors
Year
CityBorgund

Informations

Borgund Stave Church (Norwegian: Borgund stavkyrkje) is a former parish church of the Church of Norway in Lærdal Municipality in Vestland county, Norway.

The old stave church is located in the village of Borgund. It was the church for the Lærdal parish (which is part of the Sogn prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Bjørgvin) until 1868 when it was closed and turned into a museum. The brown, wooden church was built in a stave church fashion around the year 1200. It is classified as a triple-nave stave church of the Sogn-type. No longer regularly used for church purposes, it's now a museum run by the Society for the Preservation of Ancient Norwegian Monuments. It was replaced with the'new' Borgund Church in 1868.

Source: Wikipedia
Change

Tour du Midi

Tour du Midi
Tour du Midi
Height171m
Floors38
Year1967
CityBrussels

Informations

The Tour du Midi (French) or Zuidertoren (Dutch), both meaning South Tower, is a 38-storey, 148 m (486 ft) skyscraper built between 1962 and 1967 in Brussels, Belgium. The tower is the tallest building in Belgium, and was the tallest in the European Economic Community when it was built until it was surpassed by Tour Montparnasse in Paris in 1972. Tour du Midi stands adjacent to Brussels-South railway station. The building's facade was reclad in 1995-1996 with unitised glass panels using double glass solarbel silver, and it can accommodate about 2,500 office workers. It was built for the Belgian Pensions Administration, which occupies it now.

Source: Wikipedia