HOME
Select category:
Buildings
Select category
NEW
Building 1

Building 2

Cancel

Search in
Building 1

Building 2

Location

Switch location

Ranking
Play

Buildings
Search
Account

Bank of America Plaza


Height: 317m
Location: Atlanta
Year: 1992
Bank of America Plaza (Atlanta)

Statue of Liberty


Height: 93m
Location: New York City
Year: 1875
Statue of Liberty

Advertising

Rating

Bank of America Plaza
Statue of Liberty
Change

Bank of America Plaza

Bank of America Plaza (Atlanta)
Bank of America Plaza
Height317m
Floors55
Year1992
CityAtlanta

Informations

Bank of America Plaza is a skyscraper located between Midtown Atlanta and Downtown Atlanta.

In 311.8 m (1,023 ft), the tower is the 125th-tallest construction in the world. It's the 21st tallest building in the U.S., the tallest building in Georgia, and the tallest building in any U.S. state capital, overtaking the 250 m (820 ft), 50-story One Atlantic Center in height, which formerly held the record as Georgia's tallest building. It's 55 tales of office space and was completed in 1992, when it was called NationsBank Plaza. Originally intended to be the headquarters for Citizens & Southern National Bank (which merged with Sovran Bank during construction), it became NationsBank's property following its creation in the 1991 hostile takeover of C&S/Sovran by NCNB.

Source: Wikipedia

Photo Photo
Change

Statue of Liberty

Statue of Liberty
Statue of Liberty
Height93m
Floors0
Year1875
CityNew York City

Informations

The Statue of Liberty (Liberty Enlightening the World; French: La Liberté éclairant le monde) is a colossal neoclassical sculpture on Liberty Island in New York Harbor within New York , in the United States.

The copper statue, a gift from the people of France to the people of the United States, was designed by French sculptor Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi and its metal frame was built by Gustave Eiffel. The statue was dedicated on October 28, 1886. The statue is a figure of Libertas, a robed Roman freedom goddess. She holds a torch above her head with her right hand, and in her left hand carries a tabula ansata inscribed JULY IV MDCCLXXVI (July 4, 1776 in Roman numerals), the date of the U.S. Declaration of Independence. A broken shackle and chain lie at her feet as she walks ahead, commemorating the recent national abolition of slavery. Following its dedication, the statue became an icon of liberty and of the United States, seen as a symbol of welcome to immigrants coming by sea. Bartholdi was motivated by a French law professor and politician, Édouard René de Laboulaye, that is said to have commented in 1865 that any monument raised to U.S. independence would correctly be a joint project of the French and U.S. peoples. The Franco-Prussian War delayed progress until 1875, when Laboulaye proposed that the French fund the statue and the U.S. provide the website and build the pedestal. Bartholdi finished the mind and the torch-bearing arm before the statue was fully designed, and these pieces were exhibited for publicity at international expositions. The torch-bearing arm was exhibited at the Centennial Exposition in Philadelphia in 1876, and in Madison Square Park in Manhattan from 1876 to 1882. Fundraising proved difficult, especially for the Americans, and by 1885 work on the base was jeopardized by insufficient funds. Publisher Joseph Pulitzer, of the New York World, started a drive for donations to complete the project and attracted more than 120,000 contributors, most of whom gave less than a buck. The statue was built in France, sent overseas in crates, and assembled on the finished pedestal on what was then called Bedloe's Island. The statue's conclusion was marked by New York's first ticker-tape parade and a dedication ceremony presided over by President Grover Cleveland. The statue has been administered by the United States Lighthouse Board until 1901 and then by the Department of War; since 1933 it has been preserved by the National Park Service as part of the Statue of Liberty National Monument, and is a major tourist attraction. The monument was temporarily closed from March 16, 2020 because of the COVID-19 pandemic until partially reopening on July 20, 2020. Public access to the balcony around the torch was barred since 1916.

Source: Wikipedia