The Berlin Cathedral (German: Berliner Dom) is a Protestant church and dynastic tomb on the Museum Island in Berlin.
Built from 1894 to 1905 by order of German Emperor William II according to plans from Julius Raschdorff in Renaissance and Baroque Revival styles, the listed building is the largest Protestant church in Germany and one of the main dynastic tombs in Europe. In addition to church services, the cathedral is utilized for state ceremonies, concerts and other occasions.
Since the demolition of the Memorial Church (Denkmalskirche) on the north side by the East German government in 1975, the Berlin Cathedral has consisted of the large Sermon Church (Predigtkirche) in the center, the smaller Baptismal and Matrimonial Church (Tauf- und Traukirche) on the south side and the Hohenzollern crypt (Hohenzollerngruft), which covers almost the entire basement. Damaged during the Allied bombing in World War II, the cathedral's original interior was restored by 2002. Currently there is discussion about restoring the historic exterior too.